20/06/2015

5 HOURS IN SINGAPORE

A lot of people I know have been to Singapore before or even lived there for a little while but this was actually my first time visiting. The first thing that hit me quite literally when I stepped off the plane, was the heat and humidity. (Do not wear jeans outside you will 100% regret it). Although I was slightly disappointed I was only there for a short stop over, we tried to fit a few things in to the afternoon.


The most obvious sight to see is the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. With its strange boat like exterior and ridiculous views that give the Top of the Rock a run for its money, this is definitely not one to miss. There is an infinity pool for the guests and numerous bars up on the rooftop serving ridiculously priced alcohol but the trip up top is so amazing you almost forget you’re afraid of heights (almost).

The next thing we squeezed in was Clarke Quay, a historical and colourful village now home to hundreds of restaurants, shops and nightlife. Even if you’re not planning on grabbing food here, the walk along the quay is still fascinating. The buildings and architecture were nothing like I expected (I also didn’t expect to see a Hooters but there you go). 

Hopefully I will get back to Singapore sometime soon for a longer trip so if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them!



No comments:

Post a Comment