02/06/2015

SMORGASBURG, BROOKLYN FOOD MARKET

If anyone I know tells me they are heading to New York soon, firstly I have a whine about how jealous I am, and then I force them to say they will go to Smorgasburg in Brooklyn. Basically Smorgasburg is a flea food market that happens every Sunday at Pier 5 in Brooklyn Bridge Park from April to November. The market is set down by the water with the most amazing views of the bottom of Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge (you can also see the Statue of Liberty, but honestly she does look a bit midget from there so I wouldn’t try and get a photo).


Over the past few times I have been, I tried to sample as many different foods that could fit in my stomach. The famous ramen burger, a pumpkin flavored doughnut, fried cheese curd and some good old-fashioned tacos, mac and cheese and fries. After you have eaten yourself to the point of undoing your jeans (we’ve all been there), its great to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan as the sun is setting – makes some amazing photos!

** Brooklyn Bridge Park is a fairly easy place to get to by subway from most places in Manhattan and I would 100% advise downloading the Subway map app just for general travel!
I also found going to Smorgasburg later in the afternoon meant it was a lot less busy, but take a jacket or extra layer as it gets cold and windy by the water!

http://www.smorgasburg.com

Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 5
304 Furman st, Brooklyn, NY


No comments:

Post a Comment